This document details personalizing the delivery time of email campaigns through Hubspot with Seventh Sense.
Step 1 - Create an Email
Create your email template. Note: Ensure you do not have time of day references in your email such as “Good Morning” if you are sending over the course of 24 hours. If you are sending over the course of multiple days or a week, do not reference details around day of week, such as “I hope your week is off to a great start.”, etc.
Step 2 - Save for Automation
Once your email is complete, under the “Recipients” Tab, click on “Save for automation”
Click “Save for automation” After saving the message, you will have the option to go to the workflows screen.
Step 3 - Create a Workflow
Click on “Create new workflow”
- Give the Workflow a Name
- Check “Standard – Triggered by a contact’s time of enrollment, like joining a smart list or filling out a form.”
- Click on “Create a new workflow”
After creating the workflow, click on "Set enrollment criteria". Underneath "Enrollment criteria" change "Automatically" to "Manually". Keep reenrollment options as the default. Next, click the "Save" button.
After the enrollment criteria is set, click on "Add an action", select "Send email".
Select the appropriate email and click "Save".
Note: If you’d like to exclude lists you can do so by clicking on “Settings” and then excluding certain lists.
In the upper left hand corner where it states: “Workflow is inactive.”, turn the workflow to “on” from the “off” setting.
In Seventh Sense
Step 4: Navigate to the List
Open the Seventh Sense Application and once on the “Dashboard” click on the “Marketing” tab, then select "Lists".
In the “Lists” screen find (“Filter”) the list(s) which you’d like to personalize delivery to. If the list was recently created, you may need to click "Sync Lists" under "Actions" in order to bring the list names up-to-date. Click on the “Personalize” link.
Step 5: Personalize Delivery
Complete the requested information which includes:
- Connector – This is the HubSpot account which the email should be delivered from
- Source list (the list you are personalizing)
- Start Delivery – This is the start date / time for the window of delivery should take place
- End Delivery – This is the end date / time for the window of delivery should take place
- Workflow – This should be the HubSpot workflow that was created in Step 3
- Name - A name is automatically generated, but this field allows you to select a custom name for your job
- Delivery scheme - Leave as 100% personalized
- Submit – Upon submitting, Seventh Sense will determine the most optimal time for each contact and schedule to add each contact to the workflow
Step 6: Track Progress
Seventh Sense will first ensure it has up-to-date contact information for the list, then determine the optimal delivery time for each recipient. Once this is complete, clicking the "Details" link next to the email under "Marketing" will present a list of all the scheduled deliveries and some statistics on the mailing.
The Seventh Sense system will monitor this list, delivering messages to the Hubspot workflow you defined previously as their scheduled delivery time arrives. Once a message is marked as "SENT" in Seventh Sense, it should be visible in the HubSpot workflow, along with any captured engagement information.