Seventh Sense uses Static Lists within Marketo to schedule email deliveries. The below outlines the steps to create static lists within a campaign, build a campaign in Marketo and schedule the campaign within Seventh Sense.
Create a new Static List. Please refer to the Building Static Lists in Marketo knowledge base article.
For newsletters, blog posts or mailings that are regular to a specified list, a daily update of the list is recommended which provides for similar capabilities as a smart list.
Create a new Smart Campaign
Define the "Smart List" for the campaign:
Add a "Campaign is Requested" TRIGGER to the campaign. Note that there is also a "Campaign is Requested" FILTER. You need a TRIGGER, not a filter.
Define the "Flow" for your Campaign. Typically you'd want a single step of "Send Email." Instructions on how to create a new email can be found on the Marketo website.
Activate your campaign by clicking "Schedule" and then "Activate".
In Seventh Sense
Open the Seventh Sense Application and click on the "Marketing" tab, select "Lists" from the drop-down menu.
In the “Lists” screen find (“Filter”) the list(s) which you’d like to personalize delivery to. If the list was recently created, you may need to click "Sync Lists" under "Actions" in order to bring the list names up-to-date. Click on the “Personalize” link.
Complete the requested information in the personalize delivery modal which includes:
- Start Delivery – This is the start date / time that the window of delivery should take place
- End Delivery – This is the end date / time that the window of delivery should take place
- Trigger Campaign – This is the smart campaign we created earlier
- Use Delivery List - Must be blank.
- Delivery Scheme - Allows randomization or split testing in addition to personalization.
- Email Engagement Level - Allows suppression of customers with declining engagement trend.
- Set a name for your campaign.
- Submit – Upon submitting, Seventh Sense will determine the most optimal time for each contact and schedule to add each contact to the workflow
Seventh Sense will first ensure it has up-to-date contact information for the list, then determine the optimal delivery time for each recipient. Once this is complete, clicking the "Details" link next to the email under "Marketing" will present a list of all the scheduled deliveries and some statistics on the mailing.
The Seventh Sense system will monitor this list, delivering messages to the Marketo campaign you defined previously as each person's scheduled delivery time arrives. Once a message is marked as "SENT" in Seventh Sense, it should be visible in the Marketo campaign, along with any captured engagement information.